We have volunteers working with us through every part of our organization, from admin & reception, advice workers, to members of the board. Here are a couple of examples of voluntary positions:
The role of an adviser is very varied. Some of the things advisers do in the advice centre:
- Interview clients at the office, by phone or in person
- Provide information from AdviserNet and other sources
- Offer practical help to clients by writing letters, making phone calls and helping fill in forms
- Perform calculations (for example, to assess entitlement to certain kinds of benefits)
- Refer clients to other agencies if they are better placed to help
- Keep records of all client cases
“I joined GRA a few months ago after previously seeking advice from them in a personal matter. I feel they offer a reputable, first-class service, and felt by volunteering I was giving something back to the organization and to the local community. No two days are the same; it is challenging, rewarding and varied.”
Some of the things a shop volunteer does is:
- Serve customers at the till
- Take customers details for collections or deliveries
- Organize and price incoming stock
- Decorate the shop displays, including the window
Bargain Box is a retail shop and all goods are contributed from donors. I am amazed at the generosity of the people in North East Scotland. I work once a week in the shop and I have the chance to meet a lot of people because I work different days. Usually I prepare and price the goods before they are put in the front shop and I also operate the till. I feel I have gained confidence when talking with co-volunteers and customers. The ethos of the shop is to raise funds for the charity and to have fun.
If you are interested in any of these volunteering opportunities then please contact our Huntly Advice Centre where you can receive further information including a volunteer application pack.
All training will be provided.